TacOps-1 LIFE TIME Warranty
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
IT HAS COME TO OUR ATTENTION THAT A MINOR FEW AR PISTON TYPE RIFLE MANUFACTURERS USE A NON-STANDARD CHARGING HANDLE DESIGN! THE (TacOps-1) HANDLE MAY NOT WORK SAFELY IN A PISTON DESIGN RIFLE AND MUST BE CHECKED BY A QUALIFIED ARMOROR BEFORE FIRING THE WEAPON.
Here is a list of the weapons which we have found our handle to not fit correctly:
SIG – 716 – .308 cal
THE TacOps FAMILY OF CHARGING HANDLES HAVE BEEN DESIGNED DIRECTLY FROM COLT ARMS CO. ORIGINAL MIL-SPECS AND WILL FIT AND WORK SAFELY WITHIN ANY AR TYPE RIFLE PLATFORM, FROM ANY MANUFACTURER WHICH HAS ALSO BEEN DESIGNED AND PRODUCED TO THE ORIGINAL COLT ARMS CO. SPECIFICATIONS
MECHARMOR DEFENSE SYSTEMS INC. WEBSITE DISCLAIMER
HEREIN MECHARMOR DEFENSE SYSTEMS WILL BE REFERRED TO AS (MA INC.)
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. MA Inc. makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website unless otherwise stated on individual sales of the products. All of which are subject to change without notice.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, MA Inc. does not warrant that:
• This website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
• The information on this website is complete, true, accurate, or non-misleading to everyone.
• Nothing on this website constitutes, or meant to constitute, advice of any kind. [If you require advice in relation to any matter regarding any topic or possible sub-topic found on this website, or by any devise or product that MA Inc. produces or sells, you should consult an appropriate professional.]
Limitations of liability
MA Inc. will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website or products herein:
• To the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss; for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if MA Inc. has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit MA Inc.’s liability in respect of any:
• Death or personal injury caused by [NAME'S] negligence;
• Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of [NAME]; or matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for MA Inc. to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
• Reasonableness by using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, MA Inc. has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against MA Inc.’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or products herein.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph; you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect MA Inc.’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as MA Inc.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
Website marketing or Link exchanges:
Due to the direct cost of website changes to MA Inc. [for spurious website changes and their effect on this websites standing within the several search engines]; any advertising logos, marketing texts, link exchanges or product review texts which have been added to our website after the involved parties have agreed to said design feature updates to the MA Inc. website, either by written or verbal contract, including email permissions to such ends; [IF] for any reason after said changes have been made to the MA Inc. website, after which party-B decides to have their marketing logo, Web-Link or Product Review Text removed, MA Inc. reserves the right to remove such marketing data within their next website up-date period, and or within (6) six months of said request for removal.
MECHARMOR DEFENSE SYSTEMS INC ©5/1/2009
TacOps-1 Product Warranty of MERCHANTABILITY: Updated – 3/5/2015
LIFETIME WARRANTY ON MATERIALS & WORKMANSHIP: The TacOps-1 M4/M16/AR15/AR10 rifle charging handle product is warranted ONLY; when used within its original intended use, stated scope, and parameters. In addition, as manufactured by MechArmor Defense Systems Inc., and or their Sub-contractors and Suppliers of raw materials; TacOps Charging Handles are guaranteed for LIFE within the standard known industry life span of this product under said normal use to the original (Civilian - Non-Active Military or LEO/SWAT) purchaser and as stated herein.
Liability is limited to the value of the labor and materials used to repair/replace damage defined by this warranty.
1.) About MechArmor’s Lifetime Warranty
- MECHARMOR WARRANTY; MechArmor’s TacOps family of Charging Handles has a lifetime warranty. If it is determined your TacOps handle has a manufacturing defect within the first year of original purchase, we will repair or replace, at our discretion that handle at no cost to you. After the first year, our basic $15.00 USD warranty fee may apply to all "civilian users".
- All repairs are inspected and repaired at the MechArmor facility. (IF) you purchased our TacOps product from one of our several authorized resellers, you still MUST return your TacOps product to MechArmor directly for evaluation, repair or replacement.
- (IF) you are a Military or Law Enforcement organization and purchased directly from MechArmor Defense Systems Inc. Please contact us directly for any warranty issues.
- Resale Stores are NOT authorized to provide service under this warranty ever. Instead, call MechArmor directly for return instructions and then return your TacOps directly to MechArmor, along with a copy of your original sale receipt, check, money order, or credit card information inside the box if applicable.
- When submitting your warranty, only send the complete TacOps Charging Handle which needs repair or replacement under the Lifetime Warranty. Do not send extra gun parts, cases, etc.
2.) Lifetime Warranty Repair Number
- To obtain your repair #, CALL MechArmor or Email us at Sales@MechDefense.com
- Your repair # MUST be indicated on the outside and inside of your return product package.
- We encourage you to send your TacOps Handle by a traceable method (such as UPS or insured mail) and in a sturdy cardboard box. MechArmor is not responsible for lost, stolen, destroyed, or misdirected packages.
- Inside your return package box, please provide the following:
- Your TacOps charging handle.
- A brief description of how the TacOps part was initially found damaged or came to be damaged.
- Name and contact information for the authorized dealer you originally purchased from.
- Business or personal check for $15.00USD – (If applicable, we will let you know before you ship)
- Warranty return number – (which we will provide to you when you contact us) on both the inside and outside of your return box.
- Ship To address you wish the part returned to.
- Any missing or incomplete data provided by the customer is not the responsibility of MechArmor.
3.) Proof of Purchase
- A Copy of your Proof of Purchase is REQUIRED for repair or replacement within the first year. Do NOT send the original, since this will not be returned. MechArmor is not responsible for the original Proof of Purchases.
- Purchases or Receipts from an Un-Authorized MechArmor Retailer is NOT considered Proof of Purchases.
- Your Proof of Purchase must match the item(s) you are returning under this warranty.
4.) Warranty REPAIR Processing Fee – (AFTER 1st year)
- Refer to Section-1 herein.
- Payment must be made by personal, or business check, made payable to: Alliance-Tech Consultants LLC., check must accompany the TacOps part.
- Personal or business checks must arrive inside the same RETURN box as the part.
- ALL checks are subject to clearing prior to reshipping you your part.
5.) Substitution of Updated Part
- Please visit www.MechDefense.com to ensure your exact model is still currently available. If your exact model is NOT available (discontinued / Updated), we will send you our newest version appropriate to fit your weapon.
- In the event that MechArmor has inventory of your discontinued TacOps-1 part, you will receive that exact part in return.
6.) Manufacturer's Warranty to ALL Military & Police Org.
In the event of a defect in the materials or workmanship at any time during the course of your agencies weapons life cycle, and evaluated to be a Mfg issue by MechArmor; your TacOps product will repaired or replaced at no charge to the Federal or State entity.
- MechArmor retains the sole discretion to determine manufacturer's defects.
7.) Scope and Duration of Warranty
This warranty extends only to the original purchaser and or Federal or State entity, and lasts for the industry standard life-cycle of this part utilized within its normal use and range of operating parameters. This warranty covers all parts of your TacOps Charging Handle regardless of model, and applies to all types of defects or failure during standard use, except for the following:
- Loss and theft of the part is NOT covered.
- For Military & Law Enforcement, Standard Use includes direct combat in or outside of U.S Borders.
- For all Civil usage, Standard Use includes all legal & practical uses of your weapon to include hunting or competition, within the correct model rifle, and with no modifications to the TacOps part, or any receiver or bolt part modification will MAY have an adverse effect on our TacOps Charging Handle.
- No! TacOps part will be warranted by MechArmor or any of our authorized dealers (IF) it has been determined by MechArmor engineers that your TacOps part has been modified in any way.
- Modifications: The TacOps Charging Handle has been designed specifically to (Colt Arms) original M16 Service rifle Mil-Spec tolerances; just as all other M16/AR15 clone rifles are expected to be. The TacOps handle has been produced having a (reasonable) expectation that it should fit most original Colt, and NON-Colt cloned manufactured M4/M16/AR15 rifle types, which are expected to be produced to the original Colt Arms company Mil-Spec tolerances.
- AR10 – The larger AR10 or .308 caliber AR-type rifle platform is NON-standard by design, and therefore has no industry wide (Standard-Specification). The TacOps AR10-Sniper version-charging handle is designed to fit the specification tolerances of the (Armalite Co. & DPMS Co.) .308 caliber rifle platforms, as they are the largest Mfg’s of such type. And although our TacOps AR10 - .308 caliber charging handle has been tested and utilized further in several other Mfg’s AR10 style rifles by our clients, MechArmor will NOT imply, guarantee or recommend the TacOps-Sniper charging handles installation and or use within any other manufactures AR10 - .308 caliber rifle. MechArmor highly recommends that you have a licensed working gunsmith measure, install, and test our TacOps-1 handle in your rifle for fitment and safe operation prior to shooting it.
8.) Limitation on Damages
For breach of any express or implied warranty on this product, the consumer is limited to the following damages: Repair of the product or replacement with an identical or equivalent model, at the election of MechArmor Defense Systems Inc. MechArmor is NOT liable for any other damages, such as special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages, resulting from use of this product.
9.) Reproduction of Customer Letters
MechArmor Defense Systems Inc. reserves the right to reproduce all or any portion of any customer letter and/or photograph received, in connection with this warranty in its advertising or promotional materials without compensation to the customer. The submission of any letter and/or photograph along with a warranty claim will constitute a license permitting MechArmor’s use and reproduction of all or any portion of the customer letter and/or photograph in connection with its business.
10.) THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
11.) International Repairs
MechArmor does service warranty/repairs for our customers residing outside the United States. The appropriate negotiated UPS/FedX shipping rates are charged in addition to any warranty cost. No repairs will be shipped until paid in full.
12.) THIS WARRANTY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. VISIT www.MechDefense.com FOR THE MOST UPDATED WARRANTY INFORMATION. This Warranty was update on (3/5/2015).